If you injured yourself in a slip and fall or trip and fall as a result of someone else’s negligence in failing to properly maintain their property, including failing to clear snow and ice in a timely manner, we can assist you to recover for your pain and suffering, lost wages and medical expenses.
When it comes to slip and fall accidents, we must prove the owner of the property was negligent. In order to build a strong case, we must show that the following occurred:
- If you tripped and/or slipped on an object, was the object out of place and increased the risk of an accident?
- If there was a legitimate reason for an object’s placement, which caused the trip and fall, could the object have been made safe in a reasonable manner?
- Could a warning have been placed to limit the risk of an accident?
- Did a broken object that should have been maintained contribute to the accident?
- Did insufficient lighting play a role in the accident?
- If you tripped on a carpet, floor, etc. or slipped on a wet and/or loose area, was the hazardous area there long enough that the responsible party should have fixed it?
The Occupier’s Liability Act requires anyone in possession, care or control of the premises to keep their property in a reasonable state of repair. Our firm will ensure you get the help and service that you deserve!